RENEWAL OF LIQUID FUELS AND GAS LICENCES
The Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority (MERA) wishes to advise Liquid Fuel and Gas licensees that all Liquid Fuels and Gas (LFG) 2021/2022 licences will expire on 30th June 2022.
Following the change of Malawi Government’s fiscal year, LFG licences that will be renewed for the year 2022/2023 from 1st July 2022 shall expire on 31st March 2023, to align the licences with the new Government fiscal year. As such, the renewal fees for the year 2022/2023 will be for nine (9) months as follows:
|Item||Type of Licence||Prorated licence fees|
|Transportation Licences||K 187,500.00 per tanker|
|Storage Registration Certificate||K187,500.00|
|Issue fee||K30,000.00 per licence issued|
Beyond 2022/2023, all LFG licences and Certificates shall run from 1st April to 31st March of each year and at normal licence fees.
Licensees are further reminded of the requirement to submit valid documents for issuance of a renewed licence. The documents include:
- Calibration certificates from Malawi Bureau of Standards;
- Workplace Registration Certificates issued by the Ministry of Labour;
- Vehicle certificates and insurance for Transportation licences;
- Proof of access to licensed storage facility for Importation and Wholesale licences; and
- Tax Clearance Certificate issued by the Malawi Revenue Authority.
Licensees are reminded that it is against the law to operate in the LFG sector without a valid licence. Operating without a valid licence shall attract measures in line with the Liquid Fuels and Gas (Production and Supply) Act and its subsidiary regulations.
Chief Executive Officer
Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority