RENEWAL OF LIQUID FUELS AND GAS LICENCES
The Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority (MERA) wishes to advise all Liquid Fuels and Gas (LFG) Licensees that all LFG licences expired on 30th June, 2020.
As such, MERA is reminding all licensees to renew their licences for the year 2020/2021 in compliance with the Liquid Fuels and Gas (Production and Supply) Regulations, 2009.
Retail licensees are further required to submit the following documents for processing of their licence renewals:
- Valid Calibration Certificate from Malawi Bureau of Standards;
- Workplace Registration Certificate issued by the Ministry of Labour and Manpower Development; and
- Tax Clearance Certificate from Malawi Revenue Authority.
The renewal fees are as follows:
- Importation Licence K2,000,000.00
- Wholesale Licence K1,500,000.00
- Storage Licence K1,500,000.00
- Transportation Licence (per tanker) K250,000.00
- Retail Licence K500, 000.00
- Licence Issuance fees for each licence K 30,000.00
It is against the law to operate in the LFG sector without a licence. Failure to renew a licence shall attract appropriate measures inline with the Liquid Fuels and Gas (Production and Supply) Regulations, 2009.
The Chief Executive Officer
Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority
- COMMUNITIES ENCOURAGED TO MAKE BETTER RETs CHOICES
- (Pursuant to by-law 6 of the Electricity By-laws of 2012) IN THE MATTER OF AN APPLICATION FOR A SINGLE BUYER LICENCE BY POWER MARKET LIMITED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ELECTRICITY SUPPLY CORPORATION OF MALAWI LIMITED
- ADVERTISING NOTICE – WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATION FOR A SINGLE BUYER LICENCE BY POWER MARKET LIMITED